Friday, June 13, 2014

First impression: pore putty

There's something I need to talk about, you guys. Yesterday I was shopping for a gift for a friend and of course, I ended up in a drugstore. On the Bourjois stand I found a tiny jar, nearly hidden away between all the big flashy products. It turned out to be a primer, and the texture fascinated me so much I just had to take it home with me. It even fascinates me so I want to look into other brands that carry this type of primer.

I know I'm late with this again, but I had never seen anything like it before. I've used two primers before, Essence Sublime by L'occitane and That Gal by Benefit. Both are creamy.  So, you can imagine my amazement when I stumbled upon a primer with this kind of texture.

For those of you who, like me, have been living under a rock, this thing looks like a balm, but doesn't feel anything like it. It looks kind of grainy when you dab your finger in it, but it turns to something velvety once it's on your skin. Not a powder, but definitely nothing creamy either. I think it's really hard to describe, you should get a hand on a tester at a drugstore, you have to feel it for yourself.

Anyway, this thing is translucent, so it has absolutely no color and it doesn't show at all on your face. I tested it on my hand and noticed the lines on my hand would fade away without looking like anything was on it. I was hoping for the same effect on my face. It would be great for summer since it feels like there's nothing on your face and it doesn't matter if you get sweaty.

So, today I opened my little jar (7ml, you serious, Bourjois??). My first impression was that this wouldn't last two weeks if I used it every day, but I don't mind that anymore. I've discovered there are lots of brands that have stuff with this texture and I'm eager to try them. But more on that later. Nonetheless, it costs € 10 a jar so it's quite expensive.

It doesn't have as big of an effect on my face as it did on my hand in the store. I don't really see any pore-tightening. It feels extremely light on my face and it has a beautiful, subtle scent, so that part is great. I'm wondering what the effect will be when I actually put foundation over it. I think it will look nice, but that's not what I bought it for. I don't like wearing foundation in summer. But I'll try and see. Maybe with a bit of a coloured powder it will do its magic.

I've read a few things online about it today. Like, you should put it over your foundation, it has no shine control and it causes terrible breakouts. I put it on with some colorless fixing powder (Essence, All About Matt) and a few hours later I have no shine whatsoever. It might be because of the powder though, I'll have to try it with a non-mattifying powder.

I haven't seen any miracles happen yet, but it's certainly made me very curious about experimenting with it. I've also heard it being compared to Benefit Porefessional. By a stroke of luck I got a sample of that a few weeks ago, I will definitly try and compare. For now, I'll be wearing the Bourjois one in several ways so I can really see what it does. I'll keep you posted!

Lots of light,

Sloppy D.




No comments:

Post a Comment