Thursday, May 22, 2014

What my lips will be wearing all summer

I recently saw some swatches of the L'Oréal Color Riche l'Extraordinaire lipgloss (if you can call it that) online. As I loved some of the vibrant colours for summer, I went on a hunt for them. The first one I found was in 410 fuschia drama.

It looked great! The perfect combo of lipgloss and highly pigmented, flashy colour. I was so excited to try it that I immediately put it on when I got in the car.

I was very disappointed at first (read on, it gets better!). It seemed the colour wouldn't stick to my lips, as I moved it around it just accumulated on the edges of my lips. A bit frustrated (because I did love the colour I had chosen) I drove home, but I kept playing with it with my lips 'cause it tasted like peaches(!) and felt really good. When I looked in the mirror at home I was surprised to see it had spread out beautifully on my lips, with a very classy gloss. 

After that first time I actually never had problems when putting it on anymore. Don't know what went wrong then, but I really love it now. The colour (fuschia drama) is gorgeous. I've been complimented on it a dozen of times. I've worn it nearly every day since I've had it. I even selected my outfits so I could wear the gloss. Because I missed some of my other looks I bought Molto Mauve (500) too. It's a lot more neutral and I didn't like it at first, because I thought it was too close to my own lip colour, but this one grew on me too. It does have a beautiful colour that subtly compliments my own lip colour. I've been wearing this one like crazy too. Can't wait to get more colours! (Which is a pain in Europe, because the stores only carry, like, six...)

These glosses have a peachy scent and taste, I really like it and I can't stand a lot of scents and tastes, so I think they will be fine for most people. As long as you don't drink too much or eat anything they last quite long. When they fade, they have a nice, even fade, so they just get less intense and glossy, but it's not like you'll end up with a line around the edges of your lips. To me, its lasting power is absolutely fine.

This is the first type of lip gloss/lip colour hybrid I've tried and I like it a lot more than a classical lipstick or lip gloss. I barely wore anything else for two weeks when I got it, so I decided it might be interesting to invest in a high end one. A few weeks later, Doir entered my house for the first time. I'll be posting something on the Addict Fluid Stick very soon!

Lots of light,

Sloppy D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment